Nurture Pods collaborates with London Teacher Training College (LTTC) to offer the world’s first professional certification in school shadow support for children with special needs in mainstream schools.
In this course, students will learn.
- How to foster an inclusive school and classroom environment
- Characteristics of pupils with socio-emotional difficulties (e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder, Socio-Communication Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and some common challenges they may encounter
- Support pedagogies tools and strategies which are evidence-based
- To work collaboratively with other members of the multi-disciplinary team
Date: 18th, 19th Apr 2020Time: 9.00am – 5.00pmVenue: 8 Sinaran Drive, #05-14/15
- Facilitation-style tutorial sessions
- Reading and research
- Quiz – 20%
- Practicum Report – 50%
- Applied Case Study Presentation – 30%
One of the key readings for this course is the School Shadow Guidelines, a book published by Nurture Pods with renowned psychologist, Dr Jeb Baker. The book was published in 2015 and currently used in various schools in USA and Singapore for inclusive education.