Nurture Pods conducts workshops to increase awareness about developmental disorders and to teach parents and educators about how to work with special needs children as well as managing their behaviours. We have conducted workshops for parents, private preschool, government preschools and primary schools. Recently, we also linked up with the National Library Board to reach out to the masses to spread awareness and better equip parents with skills on how to better manage their children.
Workshops are based on the following topics
- Teaching pretend play to kids with developmental disorders
- How to get my kid to play with other kids?
- What should I do if my child has a meltdown at home?
- What should I do if my child has a meltdown in public?
- How to get kids with special needs to start a conversation?
- Making good use of strengths of children with ID/ASD
- Developing good handwriting skills for your child
- My child is a picky eater! What should i do?
- Importance of health and nutrition for kids with ASD/ADHD
- Table work discipline for kids with developmental disorder
- Helping kids with special needs cope in mainstream schools
- Lifeskills training for kids with developmental disorder
- Tips to help children with special needs at home
Besides group training, Nurture Pods also offers individual consultations and training for individuals who seek more personalised services with our key trainers. Training topic and materials will be personalised based on client’s needs and wants.